• 1 onion, diced
• 3 cloves of garlic, chopped
• 1/2 teaspoon chilli flakes
• 1 teaspoon oregano
• 500ml vegetable stock
• 1 medium sized butternut squash, cubed
• 1 small handful of fresh basil
• 1 tablespoon of nutritional yeast
• 300g linguine
• 1 small handful of cherry tomatoes
1. Fry the butternut squash, onion and garlic in a generous amount of olive oil then add the spices.
2. Once the onion has softened, add the vegetable stock and bring to the boil. Simmer for about 20 minutes, or until the butternut squash is soft.
3. Transfer the contents of the pan into a food processor along with the basil, nutritional yeast, and the lemon juice. Blend until smooth.
4. Cook the linguine according to the instructions on the packet and combine with the sauce. Eat and enjoy!